Pacific Coast Journal Header

Barn Pros

Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Other Side of Horse Showing - Courtesy of America’s Horse Daily

Pamela Britton-Baer chronicles the tale of her first experience judging a horse show.

Recently, someone asked me to judge a 4-H horse show.
I’ll admit, I was flattered. Being asked to judge is almost a rite of passage. Someone thought enough of my abilities that they reasoned I could judge little kids.
It brought tears to my eyes.

I said, “Yes,” of course, after making sure my day as a volunteer wasn’t against amateur status rules. Now, I’m a big believer in looking the part. When I first started doing showmanship, I had the blingiest darn clothes you’ve ever seen – even if I didn’t know what a pull turn was. So, the morning of the show, I donned what I thought was appropriate judge’s attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SmartPak

Cunningham Livestock

Renew Gold